Monday, October 4, 2010

Fort Dodge cruise and car show. Oct 3 2010 over 1500 entries


Mark in foreground, my camaro behind him first one as you come into the show.



nice car but didnt do the stripes correctly


Add caption


got a picture twice, love this one








new color for 2011



back lot
















wish they would have lined them up back to back




very nice young lady, she has two I beleive, a 2010 also same color with a stripes













one of the show winners, birthday present from his wife on his 50th, a keeper


didnt show up but on the valance or now called a front spoiler it says 'heartbeat of america todays 'symbol' chevrolet, painted. nice touch
Great show a large variety of makes and models. Started out the week waxing, cleaning the car a few late nites in the mancave."sorry Tammy" Even got a call come in i need company. I am like hold on, almost done. "of course i wasnt". I did some thing i had never done in 25 years, I waxed the underside of my hoods. Man am I out of shape. Sweating my ass off. I finally got it done just waiting for sunday morning. I jumped in the z28 started down the road, looking I see frost, holy crap a draft thru the convertible. Needless too say the switch was found and the 5.7 liter was cranking out the much needed warmth. I got down the road about 5 miles, there laying on the road, a deer, it was very destictly hit by a semi, remains every where. I manuvered thru it catching the driverside outside edge of the tires. All I thought was, well that will leave a mark.  Stopped too pick up a friend of mine and carshow nut Mark. Mister camaro! He has a 68 with a blower. And oh his wife has one, his daughter,and his son the years are 67,68,69.And yes all camaros Next year they will be in fort dodge. I am holding you to it Mark. Any way back too the deer. It must have been frozen too the road  or the 3 coats of tire sealant worked because when I arrived at the show not any sign of the remains on the car.Got a call from Arlin where the hell are you! We just got into Fort Dodge it was 8, time for registry. Got registered, dash plaque, car number and a poster. I couldnt decide if I should do the cruise because the swap meet was a flea market. Sorry guys it was lame. Needed some Minnesota nice vendors and swappers. I guess i am going to have to pass the word up here, and see what I can find out. Well I stayed on the grounds being their was around 100 cars stitting and getting a front row slot for the parade, I couldnt pass it up. Maybe next year. Got another visit from Bill and Ken, his wife Stacy and son Collin. What a treat got too walk around with them looking at the cars and taking pics. Wishing I would have gotten a picture of them and Mark as a group. I was in heaven. Every one left and went home Mark and I stayed and listened to the awards and door prizes being handed out. They has a 50/50 raffle for one of the wc cruisers club members who was very ill. The winner was a gentle man he gave back all the money he won except for the raffle price of the ticket. The club should have given him a sweatshirt for that gesture. Well back on the road we went. It was a long ass day, but I would do it again in a heart beat. It was kinda nice getting to talk while traveling down the road about cars, motors, paint jobs, ya know guy stuff. Thank Mark for the company. Plans are in the works for next year already, and ok boys, bring your toys, especially you Arlin who has more toys than one guy can play with, hint hint. title transfers. And you too Ken time to camaro up buddy. Bill I havent figured what you like yet, but I know it isnt a ford. Well anyway thanks for the fun and memories. Think Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment